Wednesday 20 March 2019

Tribute Figure for Ev: Deep One Elder (25 Points)


Anyone who has followed Evan's glorious arc of submissions can easily see that he is a great aficionado of all manner of monsters and beasties. Ev and I also share a (perverse) love of all things Lovecraftian (as illustrated in his Curtgeld this year) and so I thought I'd pay my thanks for his minioning efforts this year by retuning the favour with this Deep One elder. 

This figure is from Uncle Mikes Miniatures who produces the excellent 'Strange Aeons' eldritch skirmish game. I quite like this chap as he looks rather sage and dignified in his rotting robes, hand elegantly draped over his belly. Of course, this just may be the pleasant afterglow of having recently eaten the mayor of Arkham, but you can still sense the gravitas. <Burp. 'Scuse me.>. 

Anyway, I hope you like him Ev. Thank you so much for herding the Wednesday crew with such effortless aplomb. I look forward to seeing you with us again for the next edition of this madness.

Warm Regards,

Curt

15 comments:

  1. The Old Ones surely approve! Love the green

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice but Ev and Deep one, really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snazzy.

    Just keep him away from John's undead, or he'll find himself carried off by a skellie as a standard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Straight from the streets of Innsmouth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfully creepy tribute figure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curt, you're far too kind. This is a wonderful figure, and one which I will treasure as a memento of Challenge IX!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish on this nasty piece of work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Curt on this very serious looking fish-man.

    ReplyDelete