Wednesday 20 March 2019

From TeemuL: Imperial Fists vehicles, Squirrel 10 (26 points)

There's an old saying "New Year, New Army". How about "New Squirrel, New Army, New Game"? Yeah, I'm picking up those squirrels this week. So a completely new game and scale for me, 6mm Epic WH40K. I was going through my unpainted miniatures to find out something different for a Squirrel challenge when I found my collection of Epic miniatures. I have never painted them, never really played with them either. So I carefully calculated to 13 (6mm vehicles are 2 point each) and got myself nice set of 10 Rhinos and 3 Land Raiders, one of the latter ones is metal, others are plastic.



I have always felt, that WH40K doesn't really work on 28mm scale (or 32mm either), the ranges are just wrong, which makes close combat too important. Nice game though, but brains need to be set on correct mood. May be 6mm makes it work better, lots of vehicles makes more sense, ranges are hopefully more reasonable and so on. There are many Space Marine chapters to choose from, but somehow bright yellow and the combat doctrines of Imperial Fists have always interested me. Painting bright yellow is not that interesting, I ended up painting quite dull yellow. 6mm needs some practice, but I guess these are a good start.

"Hammer" in the middle

I painted them all a bit different, picking details in red in various parts and painting the chapter symbol (or white circle with black mess) on different places etc. I marked one as a HQ Rhino with skull, others are Tactical Rhinos with arrow. Land Raiders are bit different as well, the metal one even has a name label on it. They came without the base, so I hope I'm not penalized (pointswise) for not basing them even though I know some people like to base these small vehicles. Might make them easier to handle.


That's all for now, but I hope to tackle some more Squirrels before the day ends somewhere in the North America!
Close up of Rhino
That's 13*2 points for 26 points (unless Tamsin is on duty)...

Cloes up of Land Raider

List of my Squirrels here, just to keep my calculations correct and help the Duels Wallah and other interested individuals:
28mm Lord of the Rings, 28mm WH40K, 28mm General Fantasy, Age of Sigmar, Dungeons & Dragons Boardgames, 28mm Ancient Greek, 28mm Pulp, 28mm Oldhammer, 15mm WW2, 6mm Epic WH40K


TamsinP:

What a lucky fluke, I am on duty. And I do agree with your scoring (I can still feel the weals from the lash Curt applied after my stint on Saturday. Ouchie!).

Nice work on the little tanks.

5 comments: