Wednesday 20 March 2019

From IainW: Great Italian Wars Jinnetts and Curtgeld (106 points)

Another unit of light cavalry,this time it is a unit of jinnetts or genitors, Spanish light cavalry armed with javelins and  leather shields in the distinctive heart shape.
These are old glory figures,I know people comment on perry figures having a lot of flash but I have to say there was an awful lot to do cleaning these chaps up, drilling out hands etc and on this side of the pond they are no longer quite so economical,they're not far off the same price for cavalry. That said I do like them,  they are characterful and lively and are a pleasure to paint up. The flag is a medieval Catalan flag which might be slightly anachronistic but I think works well enough and to me close enough is good enough!










So another light cavalry unit done. Next up my Curtgeld,which isn't an orc but is instead an elderly Maximilian from Warlord games. You'd have to say most of the Rennaisance princes acted in an abominabal manner,absolute power, unbridled ambition,no check to their excess is lets face it not a recepie for a stable human.



Points wise 8x 28mm mounted figures plus flag, 28mm figure plus Curtgeld, 80+1+5+20, so 106, what I did think after doing this chap is that I have an offer for Curt. I realise now that I have an excess of Italian wars artillery almost a meter of it laid out side by side so if instead of Maximilian I would be happy to substitute the organ gun I painted earlier in this challenge, which do you fancy? I still have another light cavalry unit that I am hopeful will make it in under the wire.
All the best Iain


TamsinP:

Lovely jinettes Iain and nice work on the dapples. I concur with your scoring.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff Iain. Those Jinettes look very much the thing. I've had some experience with old Glory, enough that I tend to give them a wide berth! I'll look forward to fighting max on table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! They're just a bit of a faff,which is fine if they're economical but when the cavalry is virtually the same cost as Perry,Id prefer Perry figures,having said that I really like their landsknecht/swiss pikemen and shot,try out the infantry I would say!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the Maximilian, Iain! I especially love his hat - very cool. I'm make sure to use him to taunt Peter when I next roll out with my Landsknechts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like him! Unleash him on Peter by all means!
      Best Iain

      Delete