Wednesday 20 March 2019

From AlanD - The Last Post (87 points)

I think I've done it.

Terrible photos sorry, but here's a platoon of Volkssturm and my Curtgeld, which should get me over the line of 1500 points.




A joke I've been working on: When Boromir questioned the wisdom of going to Mordor, is it because he was worried the journey would be Orcward? You're welcome.

This is a model of the Orc captain Wossisname holding Frodo's mithril shirt. I didn't have anything to paint for Curt, so I dropped into the local Warhammer shop. They didn't have any LotR figures that didn't come with about 150 mates and a massive pricetag, but the bloke who worked there - who was strangely lacking in visible tattoos or piercings for a GW employee - very kindly gave me this figure from his own stash. I'm going to paint something for him in return.


I think the Curtgeld is worth 25 points? Add to this 62 points for 31 Volkssturm figures, and that's 87 points. Thank you to everyone for a great Challenge, to the tireless minions, and most of all to Curt for making this madness possible.

Dux actual out.


TamsinP:

It does indeed tip you over your 1500 points target! Very nice work on the Volksturm and the Orc captain (whose name I can't remember either).

That was very generous of the GW employee. Any idea what you'll be painting up for him?

9 comments:

  1. Been loving your work this Challenge Dux, one of the highlights for me. Suitably rag tag looking Volksturm and nice work on the ork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamsin should have deducted some for that joke....

    Nice job on the toys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose to ignore it. It was better that way ;)

      Delete
  3. I like your orc captain and the volkstrum are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Alan. What a nice chap in the GW shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Volksturm unit! GW gave you something? He'll be dragged away, never to be seen again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And congratulations on reaching 1500! Great effort!

      Delete
  6. Those Volksturm look suitably fervent-yet-doomed. Chilling stuff when you think on it. Also, thank you so much for the figure - he's awesome! That GW staffperson was a real prince to come through for you on this. Good karma all around. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete