Friday 5 March 2021

From DaveS - You're Acting Weird (42pts)

 Having briefly painted some order models, my FLGS got a delivery in, which means that I have made more progress on my Watchers for WWX.  This time, it is the start of the Cerulean Clade Posse, which are the shapeshifting alien infiltrators.

First off, we have the Cerulean Prime



He is accompanied by a unit of infiltrators.  These are a strange unit in the game.  You spend points on them, and they replace models in an opposing unit when they enter the battlefield.  However, if the opponent has no units for them to replace, they are wasted points.  The debate is ongoing as to whether they are worth the points, but I have them, so I painted them.


Finally, one of the Cerulean Vixens.  These are the elite infiltrating models.  I really enjoyed painting this one, and I think that the blend of her human and alien shapes works well.  (I have also noticed the blob of grey paint on her dress, and fixed it since I took the photos.)



Throughout these, I have kept to the same colours for armour and accessories that have been used on all of the watchers.  This should hopefully give the multicoloured troops some feeling of uniformity.

So, I think that this is 5x28mm (25pts), 1x40mm (The Vixen) and 1x54mm (The Prime) for a total of 42pts.

4 comments:

  1. Great work with all the cerulean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done there Dave! That blue and red colour combination on the Vixen is the bees knees. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid looking aliens, I love the midway shapeshifter!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete