Friday 5 March 2021

From PeterD The Lair of the Great Spider (30 points?)

 



Another day another chamber and this one will finish off my journey on Level III.  Challengers may recall that two challenges ago I painted up some mice heroes from the board game Mice and Mystics.  For the Lair of the Spider I have gone with two enemies for these stouthearted rodents to battle in the form of a spider and a centipede.



These beasties are not strictly speaking Giant but compared to the mice they are pretty freaking damn big!  The Mice and Mystics figures are quite nice and paint up  nicely, even though the plastic is a little softer than I would like.  I did some trauma inducing googling of giant spiders and giant centipedes to get ideas for the colour schemes.



I'm quite happy with how the Spider turned out.

I opted for a glossy black on the centipede and I not quite as pleased with my results.


I'd say that these figures are about the sizer of 28mm foot figure and with the room bonus that gives me 30 points.  And I've now laid myself prone at the foot of the Snowlord's altar in anticipation of the fearsome task in store for me.

10 comments:

  1. Very well done Peter! That's some mighty fine work on that spider (I better not show it to the missus though) and despite your misgivings I also quite like the effect on the centipede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah I needed a glass of something to calm my nerves! Thanks Ray

      Delete
  3. Creepy stuff! Good to see Mice & Mystics getting a run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, it’s a good game, we’ve had fun with it

      Delete
  4. Very menacing looking especially if one is a mouse!

    ReplyDelete