Monday 18 January 2016

From AdamC 28mm Chinese Wizards for Frosgrave (15 Points)

So one of the many awesome things about Frostgrave is you can use figures from anywhere.  So I am turning my Watchful Studios figures into a Chinese (probably pan-Asian when its done) Warband.
 These three will be the core of my Chinese Warband.  I have kept the basing free of snow so they can be used in other games where snow might not fit.
 First up is the general who I will uses as my wizard (or apprentice).  I like the striding forward drawing a weapon stance of the figure
 These are more genteel figure persons so I have kept them cleaner than I normally do going very light on the washes or omitting them entirely.
 Next we have the female general Huang Guigu based on a historic person though I have not found much about her.
 I'll use her as my apprentice (or maybe wizard I haven't decided which of these will take the lead yet).  I made here colors similar but brighter.
 Then we have the Sword Master a great figure who you could use in a number of games even modern martial arts games in a pinch.  I love how the blue pops on his back robe.
For now he'll use the Treasure Hunter template from Frostgrave but he'll be an excellent captain for this warband when that option out withe the "Sell Sword" expansion latter this month.  That's 3 more 25mm figures for another 15 points of Frostgrave miniatures. 
Terrific stuff Adam, these are some of your best figures.  The face on the wizard in red/purple is great and I really like the gold braid work on the woman.  

19 comments:

  1. Thank you they were fun to paint and different from my previous project

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great - thanks for sharing them with us.

    Are the bases ones that you made, or did they come like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the bases using pieces of plastic mat you can get from the craft store

      Delete
  3. Lovely job Adam, the general is very striking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. I love these. Very Big Trouble in Little China.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour choices. Really bold. Couldn't agree more with Curt about BTILT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice minis and nice painting, got the pdf for Frostgrave must give it more thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like these figures. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think an Asian Frostgrave would look brilliant, so much more exciting that our normal western European settings. What a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Full of character, your stomping up the charts

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man! You have the coolest toys! Another great set of figures I had not seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job Adam. It is nice to start seeing our miniatures out in the marketplace seeing some paint and some gameplay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grand trio, Adam! Reminds me of the kingdoms game I'd like to collect for too. Lovely minis!

    ReplyDelete