Monday 18 January 2016

From AdamC Two Frostgrave Monsters and a Young Fire Dragon (15 points)

Barring last minute submissions, this will be the last of our Monday posts, and we'll end with one of Adam's multiple entries

 First up we have a snow troll which is actually the Reaper cave troll and its not quite the harry beast described in the book but few people seem to make harry troll miniatures so his blueish white skin tone will have to do.
 the darker blue lumps I think those are supposed to be boils filled with puss and blood.  I made them darker blue... frozen puss and blood?  Sometimes its just best to go with the fantasy setting and not think too much about it.
 Next up is a Wraith knight a new creature from the Litch Lord expansion.  Its another reaper model though I forget which one.  Again doing undead that are incorporeal is a challenge but as this guy seemed more solid I did his, weapon, armor and scull as if they were solid
 But the cloak and robs as if they were less so and more ethereal.. or that is what I was going for.
 Finally we have a non-frosgrave figure Reapers Young Fire dragon.  I painted this (the first of several) guy for my gaming friend Chris Rett who needs monsters for his kid friendly "monster hunt" Game at Huzzah. As the kids will get to keep what they kill we need lots of monsters and I was happy to help out with the painting.
I used three sades of red in total, and buff for the spines and a black wash as it just seemed like a better choice than a brown one. That should be 15 more points (they are 25mm scale) 10 of which go to the Frosgrave challenge.


These are great beasties for Frostgrave Adam.  I really like the Troll, maybe he has mange or is following recent trends in bonds hair removal?  And I and it best not to inquire too much about troll's skin issues.  The blue skin is a nice touch.  Great use of shading on the Wraith Knight and Dragon, and again I like the use of stones, something a young dragon might collect before moving on to gems and gold.    
 So summing up Adam's activity today 5 posts, 220 points with 160 counting towards the Frostgrave Challenge.  That is to my mind a paint bomb, more impressive since only 7 figures were painted as a unit and the rest were all one offs.  Let's see what PaulS and BillA have to say in response on tomorrow's postings.  

19 comments:

  1. Adam, PLEASE, give us slowcoaches some time to catch up!
    ; )
    That's what I call productivity! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even close to being a front runner unless it's in the Frostgrave challenge and I only have a few Frostgrave pieces on the table at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Fab collection today. Definitely a points bomb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the snow troll rocks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was pleased with how it came out.

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking dragon. Can I suggest picking out the ribs on the wings in the same deeper red as the body?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a good idea I might do that as a touch up.

      Delete
  5. I think your Frostgrave will be a very dangerous place. keep them coming and I also agree with Millsy about the dragon wings it would make them appear more 3 dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will go with the dragon, must be the red LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post to cap off your day. I think black was the right choice for the dragon. Great idea to let kids win the figures they kill. Bones all the way I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great run up, Adam! I like that troll the best, but now you have me pondering those frozen boils! ;)

    ReplyDelete