Monday 18 January 2016

From MarkO 28mm Victrix French Command in great coat (60 points)

French line in great coats. Rank and file are Perry, command from Victrix. This entry looks considerably more impressive than it actually is, because all the rank and file were completed before the competition started and so can't be counted for points! Instead it is just the command figures from the Victrix Guard sets! Here's one of the units.




And here's all 4 regiments I've finished.


For the Victrix command figures (from the Middle Guard box sets) I replaced the banner poles with brass wire, as the supplied plastic poles are quite thin. I drilled a hole in the plastic eagle and stuck it on top. 

Getting these Victrix figures worked out quite well, as the 60 figure box set includes 12 command (4 each of officer, standard, drummer). Enough to do two regiments of 24, and supply command for another two regiments of Perry greatcoats, and still have six rank and file left over. Great value sets.

12 x 28mm figures = 60 points.
Mark you had me worried at first given the volume of figures in your first picture, until I read the text and worked out that it was just the command stands!  Find work on these units.  I like how you've mixed and matched the Victrix sets.  I find Victrix figures fussy to put together but you've done well.  I really like the weathered blue on the officer figures.   
Also well done on the basing, which fits the massed ranks well.  If I could make a request, I would like to see some close ups but I like what you've got here.

13 comments:

  1. Wow , that's a very impressive collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, almost makes me want to try my hand a Napoleonics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the spectacle and drama of the uniforms they look very good en mass. (And individually)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A period I am too timid to undertake, but which I can appreciate all the more for it being beyond my abilities; these guys look truly formidable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive unit indeed (I´m a big Victrix & Perry fan myself :) ) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly solid block of infantry indeed. Off to Russia or Waterloo, one can see it happening before the mind's eye right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah! Love the 28mm Napoleonics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you showed off all the boys as they look great

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glorious stuff Mark! Love that clean, black lined style. It looks even better en masse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, Mark! The Victrix command fits very well with them. They look excellent ranked up and up close! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That group shot is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete