Monday 18 January 2016

From MilesR: 28mm Portuguese Line Infantry (162 points)

 A return to Napoleonics!  Please meet a Portuguese line infantry unit in 28mm scale from Front Rank Miniatues.  This proud regiment will swell the ranks of my Portuguese force to 2 regiments, but one has to start somewhere.

 The Front Rank figures are simply superb and are a joy to paint - I started these chaps after dinner last night and just got them done today.
The flags are some generic ones I downloaded from the internet (Napflags - it's a free source)

I like all forms of gaming but there is something special about seeing the big Napoleonic battalions set out on the table top.

32 figures plus 2 flags should net me out to 162 points for my "pork-n-beans" unit.





Miles you are a machine- you started these chaps after dinner last night and just got them done today.  How many cups of espresso did that involve.  Do you sleep?  A fine looking infantry unit and I do like a man who prints his own flags.  And yes Napflags is great, Warflags is also a goldmine.  Might I suggest that the next Portuguese unit you vary the trouser colours to include some in grey and especially brown.  It will break up the regularity of the unit and make it look more travelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment