Monday 18 January 2016

From AdamC 28mm Pirate Ladies (20 points)

First up for Monday we have AdamC's initial offering with some fierce looking Pirate lasses.
 I got these ladies from Brigade Games because I knew I wanted at lease one for a special project and the rest will be great for En Garde (which comes out the same day as this post)  These two are sword wielding women. The Lady on the left  gives me the impression of a woman of some means who also knows how to fence (more of them did then you might think).
 The Lady on the right is clearly one who has taken up arms as a profession, pirate or soldier of fortune. She even has the slashed sleeve popular among the landsknecht and other soldiers of late 16th and early 17th century.
 This next lass makes me think of a Gypsy and duel wields a pair of pistols.  I feel like there ought to be a dagger or something in her sash but maybe she has one hidden in one of those books.
 I built the bases myself using some craft sticks to make them look like they were on ships deck or possibly the hard wood floor or of a building.
 I think she'll be a great figure for a sidekick or maybe spy in En Garde (I have no idea if these are troop types in the game but I'm imagining form swashbuckling stories)
 Another civilian lady that has taken up arms in defence.  She looks a little nervous but determined
I went with all blue tones for her it just seemed to be the right look.  I also felt it was appropriate to paint her as someone of African descent as they abound in the Caribbean.  Clearly she is a free woman and one who has done well for herself. 
 I also designed this base using some plastic brick pieces I has gotten from the Craft store. So that's four 25mm scale miniatures for 20 points.


Well done Adam, you are chalking up the points at a great clip.  I am assuming that these are from the US based Brigade, which makes a variety of odds and ends for various Horse and Musket eras.  I have some Brigade Moose (Meese) which I like very much.
I like the basing for these figures a lot, the brickwork looks great and the deck planking worked really well.  You've also given these ladies some fine colour combinations (I like the two tone blue slashing). That's 20 points and you're just getting started today.



31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well they might be nice to you if you are nice to them :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice, it's not a pirate crew without a couple of blood thirsty women

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you need them to keep the boys in line

      Delete
  3. Just listening to the Revolutions podcast on the Haitian Slave revolution - your Caribbean lady would fit right in. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Armed and Impressive. Pirate ladies are probably on Santa's naughty list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but they probably had a good time getting there. Glad you like.

      Delete
  6. Dammit! Now I want to get some pirate figs...!

    A fitting tribute to the fairer sex, Adam, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lady come along and join us ;-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like those custom bases!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely lasses Adam! The scratch timber basing is a great twist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pirate ladies! This post sent me down the worm-hole that is Wikipedia. I already knew about the fearsome Anne Bonney and cross dressing Mary Read, but Jaquette Delahay, from Haiti known as "Back from The Dead Red" has the best nom de guerre and quite the fascinating story. And the Lioness of Brittany, Jeanne de Clisson had three warships, which terrorized the Channel in the late14th C.
    Well done!

    And please, if the Snowlord or his minions could tag these as Sarah's Choice entrants, the Snowlady will be most happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minion du jour has returned from taking his wife to the pictures and has made it as her lady wishes.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Peter!
      Now as you have signed minion duties over to Tamsin, enjoy the rest of your evening!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Sarah I a honoured

      Delete
  11. Nice work on the basing. Me thinks I need to look for more female figures and paint up my shield maidens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne's Shield Maidens are great I hope she will do some pirates some day. Brigade Games has quite a number of female figures for this "era" and they all look quite well done.

      Delete
  12. Nice figure find. Cool colours and really good job on the base. Cheers

    ReplyDelete