Monday 18 January 2016

From IanW 25mm Fantasy Bits 16 points

Falling short for my original target by ten points left me looking for a quick fix, well what's better than a few figures for roleplaying with the kids?

Whilst these are 28mm they are about the size of 15mm so I went with 2 points each model. These are two different imps, one mounted on a base and square from an old Dungeon Floor Plan and the other is on a prototype Leven Miniatures 6mm statue plinth.

The pictures aren't great but the one on the right came out as I had imagined him to, so really happy with him. The other is OK and will be used as an imp, the winged one some form of minor demon.

 Three giant rats don't exactly make a swarm so I will be on the look out for more at future to make the kids really sweat.

The kids love playing and can get rather carried away so it's always good to get new figures as the visual aid really helps to bring the scene to life. 

Ian you are reminding me on a road trip to Calgary, trying to eke those last few kms of gas out of the tank to get to a gas station in Medicine Hat!  No fear, we'll get you above your self imposed benchmark.  
I think your being too hard on your imps, I like them both and really like the basing you've used.  An who doesn't love a Giant Rat?  I'll score the Imps as full 25mm and the rates as 15s, so that comes out to 16 points in my books.

27 comments:

  1. Nice work those limos and rats should be useful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam, especially the rate, got to use the rats

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Nice bit of work on those imps, and the basing for the entire entry is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan, amazing what a bit of printed card can do

      Ian

      Delete
  3. > An who doesn't love a Giant Rat?
    Giant Rat Exterminators presumably!

    Lovely work Ian, especially on the imps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but Giant Rats pay your bills when you're in that line of work...

      Delete
    2. How about Imp Exterminators? I guess that will be the kids

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Like everyone else. I do like the rats! Particularly the bases Now where to get a pied piper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess a musician from a 17th century range would work.

      Actually you have just given me a scenario hook idea :-)

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Thumbs up! These do look great. I like the little red demon the most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bits and bobs, great dungeon accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am guessing I will start to build up the various `furniture` of the Dungeon :-)

      Ian

      Delete
  7. Nicely done, Ian. I think the Imps and rats all turned out very well, but I really like that basework!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never have too many rats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more, lots more, got a taste for them now LOL

      ian

      Delete