Saturday 19 March 2022

From SamuliS: Swamp Hags (14 points)

Time for my final post in the challenge! My output and participation slowed down quite significantly for the last third of the challenge as work has been very busy and fitting the normal family life into that has really proven why here in Finland these are called your "traffic jam years" with your schedule jam packed. It's a shame that I haven't had the time to keep up with all the amazing entries in the last weeks.


Anyways I hadn't really painted anything in the last couple of weeks and with the final day of the challenge coming up I figured I need to come up with one more quick entry as I definitely was not going to be able to finish any of the things that were half painted on my desk. I still had a few unpainted DnD monsters prepped so I picked a couple suitable ones to have a nice speedpainting project that I could finish within my kids naptime. The models are Wizkids Hags that I painted with mostly Contrast paints and a couple of details picked out with regular paints. I gave them a sickly greenish skintone to go for a Swamp Hag aesthetic.

 
The minis are around 50mm tall so 7 points per model netting me a quick 14 points to add to my tally. I ended up doing much better than I anticipated this year. Especially as the first month and a half of the challenge was quite productive for me thanks to a slower start in my new position at work and being able to paint during several online meetings while I was working from home. 853 points is far from my best in the challenge, but still quite a nice tally especially when I originally thought even getting to my goal of 500 might be a bit tricky.


Thanks to Curt for organizing this madness! It's been the highlight of the hobby year for me ever since I participated the first time during the third challenge. And thank you to Barks for keeping us honest in the Thurday crew! And for allowing some of my more liberal interpretations of quadrant goals ;) Can't wait for the next challenge to start!

From Millsy:

A couple of cracking miniatures to finish your Challenge Samuli. I feel like I have a bit of "Swamp Hag aesthetic" going on myself this morning , although my basing is nowhere near as well executed. Well done on a great Challenge effort and thank you for sharing your creative efforts with us mate!

7 comments:

  1. Great looking swamp bags Samuli. You’ve had a good challenge.

    I want to see photographic evidence of a Millsys swamp hag aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pair of hags, they look suitably ugly and creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant painting Samuli!

    ReplyDelete