Saturday 19 March 2022

From ScottM: Krypton and some Cavalry (150 pts)

My last post for this years Challenge lands me at Krypton. Using the 'weakness' theme I went with some Greek hoplite casualties. These 28mm metal figs are from Wargames Foundry.



I had to paint the pictures on the shields as I hate trying to put decals on domed shields.

And lastly I have a bunch of Carthaginian cavalry. These 28mm metal figs were from Renegade Miniatures. It's been a number of years since I bought these figs and since Renegade isn't around any more, I'll have to guess what they actually were. This first base I'm pretty sure are Gallic cavalry.



The next base some sort of light cavalry.



The next base I believe are Spanish cavalry.



And here's where my voyage ended:


So that should be:
  • 8 - 28mm foot figs (casualties) = 40 points
  • 9 - 28mm cavalry figs = 90 points
  • 1 location (Krypton) = 20 points
Total = 150 points

So that wraps up my paint challenge for this year. Thank you to Curt and his crew for running another excellent Paint Challenge. On to next year!

___________________________________

We'll help out Millsy as he gets his beauty sleep down in Australia. 

Lovely work on these Greeks and Carthaginians, Scott. I think you did a great job on the hoplon shields and those ancient cavalrymen look suitably ferocious. 

Thank you for joining us for this years season, Scott. I hope to see you in with the scrum next time out.

- Curt

7 comments:

  1. Great job on the shields! I really like your calvary too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes excellent - those shields are great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the ancients. Love me a hand painted hoplon and nice cavalry. I agree the first base look Gallic and second lot Iberian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice entry of varied cavalry!

    ReplyDelete