Sunday 19 March 2023

From ChrisW: Last post [325 points]

So, another challenge has come and (almost) gone. I confess I have mixed feeling about this ending. On the one hand it has driven me to paint a lot of stuff, some of it that might actually be useful! On the other hand I have new interests that, had the challenge continued, would surely have interrupted my production. 

This last post is a return to the scatter style of my earlier posts. It also marks my return to the map as I journey to the Directors chair. I think we shall travel in style in one last limo ride.

The limo ride

 

She is from Pulp Figures, of course, awaiting Kong...She was the last figure that I finished painting for this years challenge.




The Directors chair [Nurgle demon]

So, I believe this item fits Curt's criteria, "get a model, or group of models done that you’ve had on your to-do list for awhile" While I have a lot of stuff that would fit the bill (fortresses and Martians come to mind) I have settled on this demon of Nurgle.  

It was part of yet another long put off project, two demons of chaos for Warhammer. However I only have the Nurgle demon done as the Khorne demon fell apart while I was painting it...😖😬😁 Long ago I was using epoxy to glue figures together, and did not do a good job, apparently. Anyways too near the end, no time to rebuild it, so just the one demon today.


 




Graveyard golem

Another vacation purchase, another figure by Reaper.

 





More vehicles

Post apocalypse vehicles I did some of these for last years challenge, I believe this finishes off all wrecked vehicles that I have in stock. They are from Mantic.





 Freight truck 

Another Blue Moon miniature, again mostly resin with just the cab top, wheels, headlights and suspension being metal. This was an easy model to put together, unlike the cars from the last post that arrived with bent metal flat beds and somewhat warped bodies.




Halftrack/Armoured car and even more toy car repaints

No idea where I got this, maybe Empress. One more item for some interwar gaming. After my previous post I kind of got into painting vehicles, makes me wonder why they have been sitting in a drawer, all primed up for so many years. They were fun to paint and a good way to end the challenge with a fun 'task'.

After painting them, I felt they looked a little naked so I quickly painted up a dozen or so boxes and tarps to add on to them. Still need to do some more.




Points total this time

  • 20 points limo
  • 20 points for Directors chair
  • 240 points 12 x 28mm vehicles
  • 5 points for 1x 28mm foot
  • 40 points for 2 x 28mm large monsters (found a 20 point Nurgle in some past post)

Total this time around 325 points

Skull challenge +14 (did not really expect to add to my total) 

Well, that is it. I have left a lot of stuff started but not finished on my painting table, even some stuff that is done (not much) Thank you again Curt for organizing this it has been fun, but now I look forward to having other things in my thoughts instead of paint colours and figure tallies. I will post a final wrap up post anon. 

Squirrels this time around []

  1.  Post apocalypse vehicles

 New squirrel total - 62

 Previous squirrels

  1. Back of Beyond
  2. Mad figures (Top hat toffs and companions)
  3. Greek skeletons
  4. Sisters of Sigmar
  5. Ancient Germanic women
  6. ECW cuirassiers
  7. Monsters large
  8. Post apocalypse
  9. Tekumel Palanquin
  10. Empire Pike
  11. Jazz Band
  12. French Cuirassiers on Mars
  13. Court of Dr Koo
  14. Movie makers
  15. Gothic/movie Vampires 
  16. Gladiators
  17. Women rocket corp
  18. Supers
  19. Forest scenery
  20. Robin Hood
  21. Gorillas 
  22. Dr and his pets
  23. Nuns
  24. The flying squad 
  25. Mechanical spiders from Mars 
  26. The Gorgons
  27. Cthulhu creatures
  28. Mad gardeners and their plants
  29. Pulp mummies
  30. Pulp Egyptian skeletons
  31. Jason and the Argonauts
  32. Asylum residents 
  33. Dwarf Roman style troops
  34. Hatchet/axe wielding maniacs
  35. Free range lunatics 
  36. Gunslingers
  37. Hill Martians
  38. Martian artillery
  39. Lizard infantry
  40. Tekumel monsters
  41. Failed experiments
  42. Dr Frankenstein and monsters
  43. Cold hearted mad scientists 
  44. Mexican civilians
  45. US cavalry
  46. Cowboys
  47. Town folk
  48. Lawmen
  49. Hired guns 
  50. Royal Martian marines
  51. 18th century naval
  52. Fritz & his Igor mates (lab helpers)
  53. Abbott & Costello meet the Mummy
  54. Men of Faith
  55. Torture chamber
  56. Deep ones
  57. Hybrids
  58. Scuba divers 
  59. Wild west hooded thugs
  60. Flat bed trucks Pulp Ally
  61. BoB vehicles

 

 __________________________

You've had an epic output this Challenge, Chris, congratulations! I love that shambling Graveyard Golem, and the traffic jam of jalopies is excellent as well. Well done! 

- Curt

 

10 comments:

  1. That's a great set of vehicles, Chris! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thanks for the pointer on painting that priest, I shall fix him up soon!

      Delete
  2. Can't believe both the volume, variety and quality of what your brush has produced in this challenge Chris - amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely trucks! And lots of others to love, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mix of minis Chris! The big daemon and guardian are great( I like that rusted fence) I really like the traffic jam you made especially those old trucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice rust on the cars and golem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mix of daemon,golem and I really like the vehicles!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work, but really like the motor pool.

    ReplyDelete