Sunday 19 March 2023

From Barks: Ash Waste Nomads (50 points)

It took me longer than expected to paint these chaps from Necromunda. There's a lot of details and shades of sandy brown. I was looking for inspiration from Fremen, Tusken Raiders, mujahideen, Arab Revolt, etc. They've got these banners let them do that ambush-from-the-sand trick. They've got apparatus to protect from the elements and conserve water.


Rocket launcher and spotter

Long rifles

Leader

Raiders

10x 28mm figures (50 points)

I think I've got a final post in me for odds and ends.

Minion Miles: Love the non-IP-infringing star wars feel to these figures (one doesn't want to poke the Disney Bear!).  Very nicely done.

27 comments:

  1. Very cool mate - love them (and have some in my pile of potential too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Didn't leave myself enough time for the helamites.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Those GF9 plateau work well for those I have a few lots of them

      Delete
    2. Yes, I've picked up lots of the GF9 stuff.

      Delete
  3. Those do look great, Barks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Are these official 'Munda minis or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, Dave got me a box of these at Xmas, so will be looking for possible paint schemes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, those look nice, especially in amongst your terrain. Well done, Barks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Curt! I do enjoy an 'action shot'.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous work. I like the Fremen reference. These look brilliant. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great stuff, Barks. I like the red eyes. The spotter is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid desert warriors!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete