Sunday 19 March 2023

From DaveD - Nam - ARVN infantry platoon , 2 x sampans , and 2 random cars! (pts 271)

These were due last week but real world events - ie being back at work for a few months got in the way  - meh! But it’s paying for more toys and a visit to ACW battlefields and the USMC museum this summer , so hey - it is what it is . 

Any way here they are . Again Gringos40 figures . These have a whole range of weapons, such a Garands , Thompson’s , M60, bloopers  etc . 

They may be a little on the well fed version of Vietnamese guys - one of the issues was them carry all the kit the US forces thought was required - but still very nice figures . 

I have left them with a simple green  uniform . There are some interesting camo schemes but I think my winter mojo is on the wane . So they will do for now . I have left the insignia patch just black for now as I haven’t worked out which units these will represent fully yet . The M113s that will accompany have recently turned up so that should get sorted when they get done.

 






 

41 x 28mm = 205 pts 

I picked up another 2 boats from Full Metal on my last order - that takes me to 5 . Enough to give the PBR some to search for contraband. 

2 boats , 4 passengers = 50 points 



So 255 to Never Ending Cold War as well . 

Cleaning up the desk I also found 2 15mm civilian vehicles to add to set dressing fur 7DTTR . A classic Land Rover , and a Ford Capri - good old 80s stuff . Not the greatest paint job , they they will do the job intended 


2 x 8 pts -= 16 

I have broken the back of the Nam collection well and truly. Just a few M113 ‘s , Anzac platoon and a few more helicopters / aircraft to finish it - not complete obviously it.  The big game with Martin and friends  is booked for August. 

This will take me to over 1500 points (double target ) which I am very pleased with , especially after last years injury laden attempt .

Huzzah !  

I have posted in the free fire start of the challenge , then every Tuesday , along with the end phase free fire . So that’s been good regular progress . 

I will see you on the round up post peeps! 

_____________________________________

With you posting so regularly, you've had a great Challenge, Dave. I've really enjoyed all your War in Vietnam work and these will be great additions to your already enviable collection. Well done Mr. D and enjoy your upcoming ACW battlefield visits. Who knows, with the way things are going, our friends to the south may add a few more in the coming years... :/

- Curt

16 comments:

  1. Great stuff here Dave and impressive production for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent project. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool stuff, my dad used to have a capri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great additions to your 'Nam project, Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely had a great Challenge, and this once again is a great post. I really like the sampans. Sober but effective, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're off to Gettysburg Dave - I loved it there - your Nam project is great and definite temptation to a new period

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers , yes Gettysburg , Antietam , Manassas and into,DC

      Delete
  8. Nice work, Dave! Kudos for the cold war win, you deserve it. The Vietnam game is going to be a good one with the horde you have painted. Have fun visiting the battlefields and museums...perhaps the ACW will be your big project next time. Quite a few fancy uniforms especially the Bull Runs 1 and 2! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers . My ACW is all 10mm , it needs a little too up sometime but it can do most medium sized battles

      Delete
  9. Excellent ARVN and lovely sampans!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice looking ARVN and I really like the boats. I bet the Capri has a tape deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah yes . A tape deck with it all unwound is my memory!

      Delete