Sunday 19 March 2023

From KenR - 10mm Malburian Round Up (80 Pts)

 

During the course of the challenge I've kept a side stash of 10mm Malburian on the go, just doing the odd colour here and there in between waiting for things to dry, inspiration to strike etc. As I have been mostly side tracked building models I haven't got that much done. These 80 figs are in addition to the ones I posted earlier in the Challenge.

The first of the two units is a 40 figure Savoyard Infantry Battalion representing the Saluzzo Regt. Figures are by Pendraken and the flags from Maverick Models.

I really like the way the firing and high porte figs mix on this unit go together as if the front rank is firing whilst the second wait to step forward and loose their volley.


The second unit of 40 is a French Battalion called the Mauilever Btn, I've used the basic advancing, levelled musket for this unit.


So thats 80 figures at a point a piece for a nice round 80 points towards the total. I will have another post before the end of the Challenge. I've got two Pike and two shot stands done for my 28mm Spanish Italian Wars but I might get the last two Pike stands done for the Colunella before the close, so I will post later when they are either done, or I give up !


These minis look gorgeous. There is something striking about Marlburian units in any scale and you have done these up a treat. Nice work.
-StuartL


25 comments:

  1. A very fine post, looking forward to your last post! Expectations are high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, it's all a bit of a panic, I thought the end of the Challenge was Tuesday, I've 16 figs to finish off and I'm just off to record a Podcast 😆

      Delete
  2. Lovely work on these wee chaps, Ken! And good to see you knocking stuff out in another scale. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin, these are a bit of a palette cleanser 👍

      Delete
  3. Wonderful work, Ken. Isn't 10mm a treat to work on? Love the buildings as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed doing these 10mm as a side project 👍 I have hundreds of figures for it, it's a failed project from 15 years ago or more 👍

      Delete
  4. Excellent work. More big units. Love them. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, small scales work best for me with Big Units, gives a real feel for the size of Battalions 👍

      Delete
  5. Hey Ken, Nice work. I have a tonne of Pendraken 10mm myself but dont have much knowledge of the period or the forces involved. I see you have done French. I was thinking maybe Swedes or Russian. Just need some refrence material for uniforms if you know of any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend the kronoskaf.com website as a great place to start, loads of info (uniforms, orders of Battle etc) for the period 👍

      Delete
  6. I’ve worked with those Pendraken figures and it’s a lovely range. Yours look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool models here Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great entry Ken, If I hadn't gone all in on 28mm I think that I'd be doing my Late 17th Century / Early 18th Century armies in 10mm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a failed Project from 15 years ago, so it's nice to get it moving 👍

      Delete
  9. Great units, I like the colour of the uniforms of the French. Well done, Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these Ken, you're tempting me into getting some at Partizan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent work on these little chaps that seem to have a large amount of detail!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete