Sunday 19 March 2023

From BenitoV: Last Jump on the Landing Zone (20 points)

It's Father's Day in Spain today and family duties (including the traditional lunch with the extended family) kept me busier than initially expected this weekend. Despite that, I've managed to paint  4 Fallschirmjager in early war uniform, and believe or not, I have finished with the a project started during the lockdown in 2020.

 

The LMG team is a 3D printed model (in one piece) from Eskice Miniatures. The individula model with the ammo box is from the plastic Warlord range.

I have to say that Eskice's FJs are not the best designed models from this manufacturer (unlike for example the German motorbikes). The uniform is not exactly historical (the jumping boots for example look more American than German) and some of the gear elements were not used by the Fallschirmjager in 1940-41 

In any case I liked this model in particular because of the animated poses and sense of action. 


 
This is my last contribution to the XIII Challenge. A total of 4 28mm models @5 points each = 20 points. 
 
I'm really happy with my participation in the Challenge this year. both from my own contributions but also enjoying the very talented paint works of mots of the challengers.  I hope to see you around again next December.

____________________________________

A wonderful last entry, Benito. As you say, the gun crew may be a bit ahistorical, but the pose and setting are excellent, and your excellent brushwork goes a long way to forgive these small sins. Well done, Happy Father's Day and see you next winter!

- Curt

10 comments:

  1. Nice work Benito! I love early-war FJs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work on these paras Benito. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great final entry, Benito! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Benito, I like the way you used the broken tree. And your fantastic painting, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Benito have really enjoyed looking at your entries this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for taking the time to see my posts and leave a comment. It's been a real fun this year for me. Hope to see you all back next December

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent looking gun team!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the posing on this team Benito

    ReplyDelete