Sunday 19 March 2023

From Iain W: 28mm Napoleonic Austrian Command (50 points)

 Here are four Foundry command figures and one Eagle or maybe Trent command figure? I got them at the first post covid Salute, which was half empty and something of a disappointment, plus Dave Thomas who stocks Perry metal figures were squashed into a tiny space and was unable to  put out any Napoleonic Austrians, which obviously was all I wanted! I went elsewhere  so we have Foundry's duke Charles and additional staff  mounted on Foundry 's diminutive horses, I've mounted them on some plastic to give them a bit of height, the Eagle commander is a little stiff and his horse seems to have overlong legs but I figure he's good enough. 









5 x 10 gives me 50 points, enough I hope to reach this years target, thanks to Curt, Sarah,Peter, all the  minions and everybody taking part it's been an excellent distraction from the bleak midwinter and as a bonus I have recovered from my knee injury and can start running again!

All the best.

Iain 

__________________________________

I know they weren't your first choices for figures, but they are wonderful looking command stands, Iain. Besides, EVERYTHING looks better with a bicorne on it. :)

Thank you for joining us again this year. I always appreciate seeing your encouraging comments and enthusiastic work. Enjoy your runs these next few seasons - I look forward to seeing you next winter!

15 comments:

  1. Very nice command groups, Iain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice command stands there Iain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking command group, Iain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu, good of you to say so!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Having for once an Austrian not dressed in white was a great choice for your command stand, Iain. It’s wonderful. Just kidding of course, the other command group in white is just as fine. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know what you mean, if they'd been Perry figures I could have snuck a Hussar ADC in to give it a burst of colour, I will have to be content with a grey overcoat!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Nice brushwork, Iain! I do enjoy your napoleonic figures and this is a fine command stand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely command stands Iain. I am sure that they've worked out some couple battle plan involving multiple columns and a precise time table.

    ReplyDelete