Sunday 19 March 2023

From StephenS: A mixed bag [Lady Sarah's Limousine, 1980's, Casting Couch, Historical Drama and High Adventure] (261 Points)

 G'day,

My apologies for combining so many entries but it is well past my bed time! Not quite the productive challenge I was hoping for but at least I finish with a bit of a flourish.

First up in the 1980's category I have He-Man, from... Well, you all know who he is. This one is from a recent Kickstarter I received and came with quite a few buddies and enemies. A 28 mm plastic figure from a CMON board game, he was quite a nice mini to paint up.



Next up on the tour is the Casting Couch and I present Batman from, well, we also know what comics, movies (1989 version is still the best) and TV shows he has headlined. This is a 28 mm resin model from Knight Models. He is part of a game they sell, but I have only picked him up as I'm a fan of the Bat. I went the classic blue and grey over the more modern black because that is what I grew up with (I also hate painting black).




We now hit the road in Lady Sarah's Limousine after flagging her down with a miniature from Micro Art Studios. A 28 mm metal figure, she is Tiffany Aching, a character who appears in a few of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. Micro Art do a great line of Discworld figures, and I have painted up a few now.



Almost at the end, we are dropped off at the Historical Drama Studio. Here we have 12 x 28 mm plastic Gauls from Victrix Miniatures. They are the final piece in a Carthaginian Army for Basic Impetus. They will be used as veteran Gauls, their looted Roman armour distinguishing them from their less veteran cousins (and making their Roman opponents tremble).





Finally, we reach the end with some High Adventure. I picked up a copy of the board game Mice and Mystics to play the adventures with my son and have painted them up to have a try of some of the new speed paints from Army Painter. Mixed results but he will like them. There are 14 mice, rats and insects that are 28 mm scale, but the cockroaches don't deserve to be scored as highly. I will leave it to the minions to decide a score. The bases are just painted black to fit in with the various game tiles, so points will need to be deducted for them too I believe.





Total Points:

- 5 x location bonus = 100 points

- 29 x 28 mm figures = 145

- 8 x little bug things = ?


That is me done for this challenge after a big final weekend. While I was away too much to get as much done as I wanted, I had a blast following along, and hope everyone keeps the painting going over the rest of the year.

A huge thank you to Curt and all the Minions (sorry Phil, for not giving you more to do) for all the hard work they have put in over the last few months. I really appreciate the effort and time you have given.

Cheers,

Steve

______________________________________

Well, this is a great exit to your Challenge, Steve. I especially like your Batman (I'm with you on the blue), Tiffany Aching (never read Discworld, but love the figure) and the figures from Mice & Mystics (we enjoy the game here). 

Have a great spring and Summer, Steve, but remember to come back to the Challenge next Autumn. :)

- Curt

8 comments:

  1. Good variety of work here Steve - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to finish off your Challenge, Steve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice finish, Steve! I like Batman and I agree your movie taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, Steve! I like your Batman, and I am a massive fan of Terry Pratchett so Tiffany Aching is right up my alley. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Tiff and the Bat and the mice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work,Tiffany is particularly striking!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work. Really like the Tiffany figure, it's a great series of books

    ReplyDelete