Sunday 19 March 2023

From KyleC - Last Hurrah - (90 Points)


So it's been a minute since I posted and got something painted.. but had a moment over the last week or so and got a few bits painted up! 

First up was a Bloodthirster I printed up from OnePageRules patreon. He be a big boy here and I printed a custom base for him to stand on. 

Going to be a nice leader for my Age of Sigmar army for Blades of Khorne. Hopefully the new codex brings some nice updates without massive point updates.. 

Then I shifted gears to getting some Trolls done for another new army started up.. some Gloomspite Gitz shenanigans forthcoming.. 

2 vanguard boxsets with the multipart trolls and some printed bits. 

I really like these troll kits.. 

So many variations available with the kit as the left/right arms that can be fitted together.. and then multiple head styles available also. I can see myself buying and building more of these.. 

These trolls were printed and are from a newer patreon called The Beholder Miniatures. Headed up by one of my old friends from Scale75. 

His Ogre from the welcome pack seemed like a good alternative as a troll boss man. Same patreon but part of their welcome pack. 

Am just glad to be painting again after a bit of a rest and a work trip to India. 

Had to have a small beer or two while out there to deal with the heat. 

But points wise for painting.. no idea what it would be so will leave it in Curt's capable hands 😏

10 trolls
1 Bloodthirster
And a beer 🤣

Great to have been in the challenge and to have the energy to do as well as I have this time around.. 

Until the next one! 

__________________________________

I was wondering if we'd see you before the close, Kyle. I've been following your progress with these figures on Instagram, so I'm happy to see them featured here as your closeout.

The Bloodthirster is truly epic, and I really like the skintones of the trolls. I'm not entirely sure of the sizes of these figures, so I'll take my best guess.

Thank you for joining us again this year, Kyle. Your work is always inspiring and your enthusiasm infectious. Until our next time out!

- Curt  

10 comments:

  1. Wow - these look great - especially that impressive not-Bloodthirster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle the bloodthirsty is Ace. The trolls are excellent as well. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Curt for running this once again
    And yes I was stockpiling till I had the trolls finished before posting. And since it was the last days figured it would make for a decent end post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are most definitely the bees' knees, Kyle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those blueish trolls, Kyle, and the bloodthirster is awesome! And I really cannot fault your taste of beer 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb entry, really like the red bloodthirsty thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bloodthirster is really fine, Kyle. I really like those trolls though especially the big droopy nose ones. Very nice blending and colors on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent Bloodthirster and Trolls!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's a beast but the Blue Trolls really rock

    ReplyDelete