Sunday 19 March 2023

From KerryT: The Viper of Milan -Italian wars -Milanese Heavy Infantry ( 122 points & 1 squirrel)

 Morning, afternoon & evening all

I hope this will not be my last post but it depends on what happens at work tomorrow.I hope to somehow sneak another one in. I made some unexpected progress on these yesterday when I had a gastro bug and so missed golf. I have another few figures painted but dare not press on painting late into the night to try and complete them as I risk I'll incurring the wrath of Mrs VB as today is our 40th wedding anniversary!

Either way I've had a great time and cannot thank you all enough for your support and encouragement. Extra special thanks to Curt for running this great show and allowing me to take part but also to Tamsin for moderating my efforts and those of my fellow Tuesday terrors. I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone

This is my last big effort - some Milanese heavy infantry from Perry Miniatures

Flags courtesy of Pete's flags 








I've has a go at hand painting a few shields

While these are not a patch on what Darrell (of this parish) produced on the Perry Website
https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/ea-32-italian-heavy-infantry/ I avoided the temptation to convert these into a Genoese uinit with the simpler shield design
 
Thanks to Dave D and mates who on the painting chat yesterday tolerated my swearing and suggested I use a fine pen rather than a brush. Good advice, I should also have taken notice of the advice to varnish them first before applying a wash😂



I managed to rescue them with multiple coats of white and ivory after a varnish but decided I would just add  a few vipers rather than use them all as the figures are using weapons two handed and I can't see how a shield would have been manageable as well! Well that's my excuse anyway!







So in summary

24 figures @ 5 points each = 120 points
1 Squirrel
Codpieces and Ostrich feathers 120 points

Many thanks
Best wishes to all

These figures and their shields look great. It looks like you were able to successfully rescue the shields and learn something in the process, have a couple of bonus points for making the extra effort and not giving up. Congratulations on your anniversary.
-StuartL

11 comments:

  1. Fine lookig unit and well done balancing between hobby and home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great unit, Kerry! In case you don't manage to squeeze another post in before the end, it's been a pleasure having you in my Tuesday Terrors crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got over the shield travails

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with the shield drama these are superb. Lovely work Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these shields, worth the effort. Well done Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 40 years. Love those figures and you’ve done a grand job on them. The shields rock

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, Kerry! I love your use of primary colours, they look great. Also, very nice to see them marching through town, great photography!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent looking bunch of Milanese, love that viper flag!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete