Sunday 19 March 2023

From PaulO'G: The Final Turnips (35 points)

Obviously I need to close out AHPC13 not with some Turnip related goodness. TBH additional travel recently saw me run out of time to do these overblown root-vegetable bangers the full justice (and extra crew) they deserve BUT they do add to our Turnip side challenge.

Master Gunner Molar oversees his Battery

Anyway, presenting two Rocket batteries for my Turnip army; one printed and the other other scratch built based on a completely impractical hitching post arrangement, and both protected from enemy musketry and giant crabs by gabions.

Squelchy rings his triangle to warn everyone that the Rockets are firing

The big hand painted banner is once again of the champaign foil design, naturally!

I couldn't resist a little homage to this classic!

Point wise: 2 x 28mm crewed weapons, 2 x 28mm crew figs and 8 gabions (for which I would like to claim half a point each) for a total of 20+10+4 = 34 points

Thats it for me for AHPC 13 - thanks everyone, its been a (mostly turnip filled) blast!

Awesome work on these turnip related tactical terrors, I am sure whoever (or whatever) is on the receiving end of these literally won't know what hit them. And there is a bonus point in it for the flag too.

-StuartL

16 comments:

  1. Good looking stuff, Paul! The duck(?) is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice if somewhat odd stuff, Paul! :)

    Sadly, I suspect that the post title refers only to *your* turnips... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, Paul! I especially like your long, tattered pennants. I need to try a few of those for my force. Thank you for helping keep up the steam (down the root?) on the Turnip28 goodness. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the once splendorous and now tatty rags give a wonderful air of hopelessness and les miserable don't they!

      My entire pleasure! Hoping my efforts will be rewarded with the much coveted Silver Turnip :-)

      Delete
  4. Great root finishing. The sad part is Turnips seem to be on the edge of my brain. Well done Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens to the best of us - thanks Bruce!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic finale for the most eclectic project of this year's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A heart-warming accolade indeed - thankyou!

      Delete
  6. Weird and wonderful as ever. What exactly are the crew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter; one is an amorphous root vegetable with musical talent, and the other an animated tooth with a creepy grin and advanced mathematic skill!

      Delete
  7. I still don’t get the Turnip business, but I like your rocket batteries! And gabions will fit in many games, always handy. Well done, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good looking turnip rocket batteries!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete