Sunday 19 March 2023

From Codsticker: By The Skin Of My Teeth... (40pts0

 So, another mad scramble to get my final entry in before the challenge ends; 2 hours, 7 minutes and counting as I type this. As I live on Vancouver Island I may be the latest posting challenger by time zone (not sure if our antipodean friends are ahead of me or behind me time-wise). I close this edition of the challenge with 8 Dark Ages warriors from Victirx.


These are actually the result of combining two kits: Anglo-Danes and Dark Ages Archers.




I wanted the majority of my warriors without armour but armed with spears, carrying shields and wearing helmets.



As has been reported elsewhere, the plastic weapons are a tad fragile on these Victrix figures; I broke the sword (you can see the seam in the weapon above) and two spears.



Easy enough to drill out the hands and replace with metal spears but the heads of the plastic ones are so nice.




Such beautiful sculpting on these figures; wonderful hands and faces, hardly a mould line to be seen and great value on top of that. 

8 28mm figures @ 5pts each= 40 pts.

This has been another great challenge even though I am falling short of my 500pt goal this year. I attribute that to the Khand figures taking more time to paint than I anticipated; loving the Dark Ages figures so much I spent a bit more time on them than I normally would; and I only hit one stop on the Studio tour so not many bonus points collected. Thank you all for all the wonderful support and comments and I apologise for not commenting this year as much as I have in the past. I look forward to seeing your work again next year.

______________________________

Wonderful work on these fine figures, Rob! I especially like the abstract raven shield device and lush groundwork. Well done, and thank you for participating in the Challenge.

- Curt

9 comments:

  1. Lovely figures to finish with, Rob! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely figures and great shield designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Rob! I like the color and shields and the basing is excellent...no powered lawnmowers back then with municipal laborers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these models, nice work Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stuff, love the colour palette and those shields rock

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent dark age types and a good tip about mixing in the unarmoured archers,lovely finish all round!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete