Sunday 19 March 2023

From Iain W 28mm War of three Kingdoms/ ECW cuirassiers (75 points)

 Not a Napoleonic post? A first for a while, we have here a unit of Royalist cuirassiers, I know  Tamsin that there is no historical record , however I'll use this as a guard unit and if I'm being honest, I have an ulterior motive with this unit and that is to use them in the Thirty years war, where I will need lot's more, mmm Polish winged hussars, Ottomans, all far removed from the anglocentric War of three Kingdoms, but for now they can stand in as a Royalist guard unit! 

They're half of a warlord games box of cuirassiers, plastic horses and metal figures with a choice of arms. You get twelve in a box, my units in pike and shot tend to be eight  strong, so rather than discard four ( heaven forfend!) I scrapped together some other figures, enter the unit commander a Foundry general in half armour demoted to leading the unit, lovely characterful figure, the unarmoured trumpeter was easy enough to do with standard warlord plastic parts and the others were made up of adding spare armoured arms to the most armoured of the warlord plastic set. The right arm was easy enough but I had to carve out the left and cut and shunt a spare metal right arm to fit but I  think it worked!








So that's 7 x 10 giving me 70 points toward my total, might just make it? The flag bearer was started before the challenge, actually before the last one as well, so doesn't  count.

All the best 

Iain 

___________________________

Oh, ECW cavalry! What a wonderful break of pace for you, Iain. These Royalist lobsters certainly look the business, and your conversions are excellent (good for a few bonus points, I think). 'For King and Country!'

- Curt

21 comments:

  1. Iain these are fabulous. Another period project tempting me. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce, go on you know you want to!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Those cuirassiers look great, Iain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin,very generous of you!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. It definitely worked, what a fine unit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely worked, what a fine unit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid work, Iain! Very nice conversion work and brushwork. They certainly look the business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, nice to do a bit of conversion work now and again!
      Best Iain

      Delete