Friday 20 March 2020

From AlexK: Climbing the summit of Snowlord's peak (78 points)

Just in the nick of time and with the smell of fresh paint still lingering in the air I present my final post of the challenge. The Snowlord challenged me to paint another unit for my ancient Arab army to finish off the challenge island and so with a quick look through the box of lead I found some 15mm Legio Heroica spear men. 


As usual they are really nice, characterful figures and they painted up nice and quickly. I think they should have shields, but they seem to have disappeared into another box of bits so will be added when they decide to reappear. I'll be using them as Spear Inferior in DBMM so the lack of shield shouldn't look out of place to start with.




So hopefully this fulfils my challenge criteria and I think it should gain me 78 points, 48 for the 24 15mm spear men and 30 points for the location.

_______________________________________

Great work Alex! These are so nice that at first I thought they were 28s. Lovely, crisp brushwork here with a nice variation in colours and poses to keep the eye entertained.

Too bad about the walkabout shields. I can only imagine the shame of being classified as 'shield inferior'. 'I swear I saw it by the tent when I went to bed.' How will they ever live it down? Unfortunately, probably with a nasty arrow where their shield should be... 

For your prize Alex, I am happy to award you with Scott's excellent ECW 'Ranter'.


Thank you for taking the Snow Lord's Peak challenge, Alex. I really enjoyed your submissions and hope you'll join us the next time we roll out.

-Curt

6 comments: