Friday 20 March 2020

From KenR: 28mm Stuarts (yes more !) (110 Points)


Hopefully I will have sneaked these under the wire, my final batch of British Armour for the Desert.


This is my third batch of Honey Tanks and will complete a Battalion for our games, 3 sqns of 3 tanks and 2 Command vehicles all done up in a spot of Caunter Scheme.


It's been an awkward Challenge for me this time round, I was ready to go, boxes of tanks prepared and then as I'm sure you are all aware flakegate occurred. It really dented my enthusiasm this time round and I apologise for not being as active as I normally am commenting on others posts etc, hopefully next year the primer will stay on whatever I paint ! If you zoom in on the models in this post, the scars of the flaking is all too clear to see.


Points wise, 5 x 20 for the 28mm Blitzkrieg Miniatures tanks plus 3 crew, I've gone for 110 all in but a couple knocked off for the half figures is not a problem if needed, it leaves me well short of my total but I know why that is.


I'll do a round up shot of all the tanks in the next couple of days, hope you are all keeping safe and well in these uncertain times, back to work tomorrow for myself.

Regards Ken



__________________________________

Ken, flakegate aside, you've been killing it with these armour entries this Challenge. You've truly become the master of caunter, treads and primer this season, well done. :) 

Next winter I will look forward to your new all-encompassing project. Until then, take care and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

-Curt

9 comments:

  1. Well done, Ken! Lovely work on one of the most intricate camo schemes of WW2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tanks are absolutely superb. I like the flake scars; gives them a sense of realism and a lived-in look many other tanks don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some really excellent camo on the Stuarts! The pictures in the scenic settings really make this a feast for the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the Stuarts, Ken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on soldiering on through Flakegate Ken, those are lovely vehicles. I want to see the full array of tanks and AARs, we need AARs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous! Enjoyed your armour immensely despite flakegate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super looking honeys, frankly as always!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well nobody can accuse you of not making a serious effort in producing armor for your games and they look great Ken!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete