Friday 20 March 2020

From HerrRobert (Robert H): The female of the species is more deadly than the male (10 Points)

Now, a future entry to be posted in ten minutes would work for Sander's Sand Dunes, but everyone has been there. So, instead, I shall summon Lady Sarah's Balloon and Airmobile Assault Service to carry my agent to Bromley's Butte.


For my fare, I present two no-nonsense ladies, Sarah Connor and Ellen Landry:


Both ladies are from Spectre Miniatures Undercover Operators line:


Both were still just primer as of noon. I wanted to go with a similar color scheme as the Spectre Miniatures line, but reversed it due to fading memory.



While painting, the facial expression reminded me of Linda Hamilton in Terminator, so I went with Sarah Connor for the figure's name. Paint job was relatively simple, though I did elaborate on the running shoes. I'm not happy with the base, so I may fix it later.



The ponytail on this figure reminded me of CDR Landry in Star Trek: Discovery, so that was the name. I used Gryph-Charger Gray contrast paint on the pants, and I'm pleased with how it worked. Should be good for Civil War Union troops, which I needed.

So, another ten points.


Hopefully Lady Sarah will not mind having beer aboard for this voyage. It seems to suit the passengers more than champagne.

________________________________

Great work Robert. I have these very same miniatures and I agree they are wonderful sculpts (and the one DOES look like Sarah Connor). :) Thanks for the inside information for using Gryph-Charger Gray for faded jeans. That will come in very handy, Cheers!

-Curt

8 comments:

  1. These figures are really nice, I used some for the GI Joe project. At the moment I am watching the British "Strike Back" tv series and these look like they jumped right out of the screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fun to paint. I was a bit annoyed by the Weaver stance on Landry, since I find firing poses very hard to do justice to the face, but it just clicked.

      Delete
  2. Those are some cool operators!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🎈Lady Sarah’s Balloon and Airmobile Assault Service ... I like the sounds of that.
    Welcome aboard to these smooth operators... their tactical skills were certainly helpful navigating the last few hours on Challenge Island 🎈🥂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking pair of operatives!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete