Friday 20 March 2020

JamesM: 'For Joshua' 10mm fantasy Humans (100 points)

Hi folks,

My final post of the challenge, but not my final units painted for my 'For Joshua' project. While I have made some good progress, I'm currently left with a load of knights to paint, some Camels and a few spearmen. However, with the help of the challenge and MartinC, the pile I had at the beginning has been substantially reduced. I plan to keep going in order to get everything painted while I still have some enthusiasm. I also have donations still to base, which will keep me busy for a bit!

Unfortunately, with the current health crisis, it doesn't look like we are going to get much of an opportunity to show off any games for a while.

Unfortunately, I am going to fall short of my target of points for this year. I lost some time at the start of the challenge due to poor computer game purchasing decisions, and have found that the 10mm figures take me just about as long as 15mm, for less points. Also, I spent a fair amount of time basing up mini's others had sent me due to our planned (but cancelled) Hammerhead participation game. Still, I think I gave the points target a good run, with my achieving 65% of my total - and a points figure roughly around what I have achieved in previous challenges.

Onto this submission - some of the supporting units for my knights. Very much based on the old Warhammer Brettonians, I've gone for a load of archers and some light mounted archers/yeomen.


A total of 60 Magister Militum archers:


12 Yeomen with spears and bows (effectively light cavalry with ranged weapons), along with a hero stand consisting of a knight and standard bearer (Clan MacDonald standard used). These are Magister Militum figures:


And some mages with a magic egg for the centre of DaveD's stone circle. My mages and the egg are from Pendraken:



Note that the Gandalf like wizard is one of Noel's figures, which seemed suitable for this gathering. It did leave me with one spare mage, who also made it onto a stand along with a Elf warrior painted by a blogging friend (Lee).


Unfinished on the painting shelves stands a 15mm dropship and some sci-fi troops, a ragtag selection of 10mm skellie characters and a small fleet of British ships for Cruel Seas (which I need to figure out a colour selection for).

Total for this entry then:

68 x 10mm Infantry = 68 points
14 x 10mm Cavalry = 28 points

Total: 96 points

PeterD  Lovely work on these tiny little humans and all for a worthwhile project.  I do hope that you get to take these forces on the road eventually James.  I agree with your points calculation but bumped it up to an even 100 for the egg and basing.

9 comments:

  1. Smashing stuff James! :)

    You have camels to paint? You've clearly been hanging around with Dave too much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some 10mm Camels specifically for a challenge Island location, but they just didn't make it to the front of the queue.

      Delete
  2. Cracking mate. They base looks just the job in the henge

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, love the henge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. More magnificent work on wee miniatures! Well done James.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking force! These small scales really do give the army impression.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete