Friday 20 March 2020

From IannickM: An Epic finale, Heresy style (29 points)

"That which causes us trials shall yield us triumph, and that which makes our hearts ache shall fill us with gladness. For the only true happiness is to learn, to advance and to improve. None of this could happen without rejecting error, ignorance and imperfection. We must pass out of the darkness to reach the light!"

— Primarch Fulgrim, Attainment of Perfection

I'm keeping up with my long tradition of submitting a final entry on the last few hours of the challenge, with some more Epic goodness! 



The last week as been, for me and many others, absolutely insane due to that viral bombing, i.e. the despicable Covid-19. I work for the Ministry of Health here in Québec, and to say I've been very busy would be an understatement of massive proportion! The last nine days have been without a doubt the most challenging of my professional life. I basically work from 7 to 11 non-stop, one emergency after another. But Its no time to whine, as I get the luxury of isolating myself and work from home, and I tip my hat off to all those front line workers in health institutions across the world, the real heroes of this crisis. 

Anyways...I wasn't able to paint anything this week, but I did managed to paint a bunch of small stuff before the apocalypse started. And so I'm taking some time off while eating dinner to post what I did, as it would a real waste to miss the deadline.

First we have a tuple of Predator Destructors, the classic tank of the Adeptus Astartes (Space marines, for us old timers). My favourite, design wise. I always have fun painting them.


Next up a tuple of Vindicators, the Imperial siege tank based on the Rhino chassis used by many Space Marine Chapters. This one boasts the most powerful weapon of its type in the Adeptus Astartes' standard armoury, the Demolisher Cannon. Though short-ranged, the Vindicator's Demolisher Cannon is capable of destroying enemy armour and fortifications in a single shot. I was missing artillery...

My very first try at weathering. Looks cool, no?

Then a duo of Land Raider Achilles. This one is a heavily armoured variant of the standard Land Raider we all know and love. It's badass looking.


And then the "Piece de resistance", my man, Fulgrim. Fulgrim, also known in the time before the Horus Heresy as The Phoenician, is the Primarch of the Emperor's Children "Traitor" Legion. He possessed silvery-white hair and was quite vainglorious, as his entire life was dedicated to the pursuit of perfection in all things; physical, mental and spiritual.

Amazing little figure, full of details.

Here he is accompanied with a quatuor of Contemptor Dreadnoughts. My initial plan was to show him off with a regiment of his Phoenix Guards but yeah, fuck you COVID-19.



All these were supposed to see action in our first game of Epic with John on Sunday, but alas borders between us are now closed, and the fight will have to wait. Even the Horus Heresy has to pause for the virus. 

So...
  • 12 6mm vehicles : 24 points
  • 4 Dreadnoughts : 4 pts 
  • 1 Fulgrim (I'd suggest at least 1 points, as you can see he's no mere 6mm figure)
Total : 29 points (the sad fate of the 6mm painter).

I managed to keep my focus on Epic pretty much all challenge. Sure, less points, but my force is getting impressive and that's what the challenge is for!

Once again, thanks to all the minions, a big thanks to Curt for all his hard work, a shout-out to Greg for corrupting me to Epic, and a congratulation to all challengers!

And remember, stay inside, wash your hands, and take care of each other.



That's a great looking finale Iannick! I do like the purple and gold scheme, and that Fulgrim is clearly big enough to warrant a point.

TamsinP

7 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff. Epic is my favourite game in the 40K universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are nicely done. Slaanesh would be proud. More proud, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on these tiny tanks Yannick. Love the purple.
    Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Iannick, you need to hire my communications firm - I "inspired" you to Epic :)

    Great work on these figures, they look great! I like how Fulgrim still can managed to seem like a needy, insecure pedant even in 6mm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha but corrupt has such an Heresy ring to it!

      Also he's not insecure, just misunderstood! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Super looking teeny tiny chaos marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on these heretics Iannick (Fulgrim, the Hairdresser of the Heresy). I particularly like the Land Raiders. I hope you and John get your game in sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete