Friday 20 March 2020

From MartinC: The Muster is Complete (265 points)

So this is probably my final post, I am looking at another figure as I type but we will see.
At the start of this challenge I had a plan to complete my 7YW 10mm Austrian Army for the Battle of Lobositz.
It was a close run thing

4 foot regiments - Kolowrat, Josheph Esterhazy, Kheul and Waldeck

2 more - Browne and Alt-Colloredo

Converged Horse Genadiers

Converged Carabiniers

Officers with a new version of Ulysses von Browne  - needed something to do with the unused standard bearers from the converged horse regiments.

So now that I have finsihed them what do they look like

This, this is the whole army 34 battalions of foot, 15 regiments of cavalry and loads of cannon and officers

Vanguard, left wing and corps reserve

The centre

Right wing an additional reverve.

I have an extra unit of dragoons in the army, I can't count.

So these are ready to rock.

Points

6 regiments of foot@30 figs each = 180
2 regiments of cavalry @15 figs each = 60
9 mounted officers = 18

Total = 258 plus flag bonus

So that is it. It's been good. I've pretty much emptied my lead mountain and had to restock. I've painted loads of 10mm, including having the honour of being the jobbing painter on the "For Joshua" project. This has been an inspirational project and that you all who have submitted figures. James has thousands now.
My personal highlight was (all together now, you know the words)

TRA LA LA
LA LA LA LA
TRA LA LA
LA LA LA LA

I wish you all the best, keep healthy. I'm off to break Noel's brushes.



34 regiments of foot, 15 of cavalry and some guns and officers? You call that a SYW army? Tsh! Just look at my 15mm Russians if you want to see how it's done! 

Superb work on these 10mm chaps (and horses) Martin! I've given you a few bonus points for the flags and for completing the army for now.

TamsinP

17 comments:

  1. Wow Martin that's impressive. I've really enjoyed your progress on this army and it looks smashing all laid out. Plus one of my favourite Von Browne in command.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, pretty chuffed with them. But it's one of the smallest battles:(

      Delete
  2. cheers Tamsin. i've followed you paint the entire russian 7YW army. Only one word for it "Megalomania"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to "finish" it this year - just ten foot regiments, 2 artillery bases and some more commanders to go. And perhaps more Cossacks; you can never have enough of them. :)

      Delete
    2. I am concerned that i will end up with all the austrians

      Delete
  3. Wow! Another impressive paint bomb - don't know how you keep up such quality with the quantity. The Banana Splits entry was epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers mate, they were a bugger to paint

      Delete
  4. Oh my Lord, Martin!! This is terrific! What a fantastic sight, arrayed on the table. Incredible 10mm painting, and I love the Banana Splits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing achievement. Brilliant work Martin. You must be chuffed at getting all of these done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a happy bunny. Another brilliant challenge. Well done mate for another fun winter

      Delete
  6. Splendid Austrian army! Really impressive output and I loved the banana splits!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great army Martin. Well painted indeed.

    ReplyDelete