Friday 20 March 2020

From PeteF: The Last Stand - Anglo Danish Warlord and Dog (7 points)



As I was taking the last monsters that I painted off the shelf I noticed a lonely figure that I had started right at the beginning of the challenge. I'd done his hair, face and cloak but then got distracted by all the other projects. By way of apology I gave him a dog and promoted him to warlord (which comes with a fancy bejeweled border for his cloak).



Progress was made on the SAGA factions during Challenge X with camel riders, lady vikings and a bunch of cavalry. My goal is to have enough bearded dark age types to represent every faction in the game and to be able to run demonstration games for people who've not played it before. In a fit of keenness a couple of years ago I got the Anglo Dane warband but it has remained solidly in its box. I'm hoping that this warlord will encourage me to get them down from the shelf of shame and apply some pigment before 2020 is out. Speaking of progress - a week or so ago I looked at the collective total with respect to the collective target and felt a pang of disappointment as it looked like we would fall well short - at the time of writing we've narrowed the gap to a mere 621 points - I hope the final Friday delivers!



Thank you Curt and your many minions. Challenge X has been a lot of fun - I wish all my fellow challengers the very best - especially in the current crisis. May miniature painting bring you happiness and relief from the troubles of the world outside.



One foot figure for a final 5 points - not sure if the pup's worth anything.





Closely following Jonathan, here we have Pete back for his third helping of the day. He says it's his last, but you never can tell for certain...

Nice work on the warlord and the dog (which gets you a couple more points, taking your score for this entry to 7).

TamsinP



7 comments:

  1. Yes first to comment .... important 5 points and love the figure and shield design. Wanted to do something similar but not sure if will be able to do in time now. Great figure though - Jez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Looking shield! great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking figure - love the spangenhelm and the doggo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tamsin - this one truly is the last... hope to see you here in 9 months or so - although I'm not yet looking forward to next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super looking warlord, nice shield and cute dog!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work; love the hound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Peter, live the shield and pattern on the cloak.

    ReplyDelete