Friday 20 March 2020

From JohnS - Let's go down to that wire, it looks fun (20 Points)

Looks like there is just enough time to scrape in two more letters and grab a couple more points.


I is for Iatros (that's Greek speakin' for Healer) is my first Mortal Gods miniature. Although I am building a Persian force every "completely accurate" historical sword and sandals epic has a Greek healer so why can't my Persians?



This is also the first Footsore Miniature I have ever painted although far from the only one I have ever purchased. A nice figure to paint.


By popular demand, my last entry is some more of those wonderful old standbys, Warhammer Dwarfs. D is for Dwarf features some Ironbreakers to once again fill out a unit.


I found these (and a few mates) while on the same pile diving expedition that uncovered last entry's Hammerers. I actually have painted eight of these but was flabbergasted to realise that I only had three shields that matched the rest of the unit I am adding this to. The other chaps will have to get finished after my next foray into the land of forgotten miniatures.


It is no hardship to go exploring again, who knows what I may find. Pretty sure there are a couple more organ guns in there, they could be handy in 8th....


Well, I didn't quite fill my whole alphabet card but I am very happy to have achieved a personal best score and hit my target for the first time ever. I love AHPC, it really motivates me to get the brushes going, particularly if I get an opportunity to sledge my friends from Odin's Night club.

Thanks again Curt, it has been a blast.

_______________________________________

Wonderful! I loved your Alphabet Duel, John, especially as it featured so many cool, old school dwarfs. As to your Persian medic? Well, I'm dying here as I really, REALLY want to try out Mortal Gods. Once the pandemic has swept the world and we're eating catfood and taking orders from our cockroach overlords, I plan to paddle a reed boat to Australia so I can hang out with my Antipodean friends and play Mortal Gods. Promise.

Always a pleasure, John.

-Curt

16 comments:

  1. Naturally, I learn of the alphabet duel as the gates close on Challenge X.

    Superb Greek Healer. May need to steal that figure for Warlords of Erehwon.

    Dwarves are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join in the silliness next Challenge Robert. I have enjoyed the ABC so much that I plan on doing it again. It forced me to look at my leadpile in a whole new way.

      Delete
    2. Sure, sign me up.

      Challenge Island was a blast, and the alphabet game sounds right crackers!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Curt. You would be most welcome down here post the Covpocalypse. There is nothing in the supermarkets here so we have been eating catfood for a couple of days now. And I am pretty sure the Cockroaches run the bank I pay my mortgage to.
    Those scallywags Dux and PaulOG are dragging me into Mortal Gods. They just kept staring at me until I blinked and bought in. I suspect they have mindpowers. Or I am weakwilled.

    Until next Challenge, keep your brushes pointed and don't drink the washwater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long live the weakwilled for they will 'inherit' (ie buy) loads of minis.

      Delete
  3. The healer is great, but the Ironbreakers take this old Dwarf way back down memory lane. They were my favourite unit playing WFB right up to the moment you needed 30 odd figures in 1 unit for it to be playable. Good last post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander. Yes, a dabble with 8th edition has forced me to grow my units to 30+ hence these extra old fellows.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Barks. I have a Viking here for you, I will send it your way.

      Delete
  5. Great stuff John, love the healer. Stay safe, stay healthy and enjoy the cat food. I find that it pairs nicely with a Shiraz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Peter. I do feel that a cheeky red might be just what the catfood needs. In industrial quantities.
    Stay safe yourself up there in the Northern realms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely healer and splendid dwarves!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete