Friday 20 March 2020

From HerrRobert (Robert H): Hey Doc (35 Points)

Next stop, Bromley's Butte:
As you must know by now, it is always wise to consult the guidebook when venturing about Challenge Island:


Recon, Surveillance, Target Acquisition (RSTA) was my first job in the the infantry and is still the most exciting and best experiences I've ever had. A job held by small teams of light infantry and scout snipers that are experts on stealth and stalking. Moving unseen, hidden when halted, and deft with all infantry skills as well as radio and camera use. Some of the best are are hunters, native born tribesman, like Tommy Prince. 
In homage to the light infantry, skirmishers and recon: 
An individual figure or squad of tactical stealth troopers. Any period, any scale, extra 5 points for hiding a warpaint Amer-Indian in a Napoleonic regiment. :)
For this, I present an undercover operator, the very definition of tactical stealth and recon:


This figure is another from Spectre Miniatures. He's one of their Undercover Operators (second from the left).


I found this figure quite spooky. With the exception of the pistol, he's wearing my usual "Dr. Herrick" uniform, when I have to look professional, but not full-on suit. Even the cut of the hair is right. As I said, spooky. So I painted him in my usual "look nice" garb - brown sports coat, blue polo, khakis, outrageous shoes.




The shoes are modeled after a pair of red Penguins I just bought. They're not the most outrageous shoes I have worn, though:


So, five more points!


__________________________


You're right, those are outrageous shoes (I'm more of a Fluevog man myself). I'd want to shoot him just to stop his fashion sense. 

Nice job Robert!

-Curt

10 comments:

  1. The fashion police have not been authorized the use of unnecessary force.

    Penguin shoes are so comfy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's brilliant, the shoe-thingy is just what gives theseposts/figures that much more of an enjoyable human touch, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of the fun of Spectre Miniatures. You can do silly things like that!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The shoes are what all essential personnel are wearing this quarantine season.

      Delete
  4. Nice work Robert. Why do I get the feeling he's going to dance the blues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s certainly not on Beale Street, walking in Memphis.

      Not well armed enough for Memphis!

      Delete
  5. 🎈Lady Sarah applauds all colourful shoe choices as well as being well-accessorized 🎈

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on the figure, he does look the part. Don’t get into a shoe fight with Curt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snazzy shoes on your hit man!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete