Friday 20 March 2020

From TeemuL: Milly at Millsy's Millpond (45 points)

"Hey! What's... Who... Ammm..."
"Yes, she's my twin sister."
"Ah. Ok. Evil twin?"
"Let's go boys, the sea is probably just behind those sand dunes. The sky looks red, it must be dusk."


Ok, I'm finally getting the idea of Challenge Island. Paint something small for each location and get lots of points. A bit late, but better late than never.


If you have a sharp memory, you might remember this miniature. I posted a similar couple of hours ago, but I used her on the balloon trip. I happened to have two of these, I didn't remember owning even a one, so I can't really provide a story for her. Well, I got her in one of the cheap piles of minis that I acquire every now and then. I chose to paint the first one as Oldhammer with green square base and then this second one on modern round base for Age of Sigmar. No idea what warscroll I use for her, but I can figure out that later.


I have been noticing, that some historical players use this kind of die holders on the bases of some of the figures. I think it is a good idea for Age of Sigmar, heroes this size usually have about 5 wounds, so this is a perfect way to count the (remaining) wounds and the roll doesn't accidentally change side or forget itself on the other side of the battlefield. This is a first I tried, I will use these in the future as well, but I'd like to hide the holder a bit better. The die and the holder are from Warbases, by the way, so is the round mdf base, thank you very much.

Points then. 5 for the figure, 30 for the location and 10 more for being before 1990 (she is from 1987), so total of 45 points. I'm now heading for the Sander's Sanddunes for one more post. Let's see if I can get over the magical 750 point barrier (and get someone other than Tamsin to minion my post).




Sorry mate - you get me again! That's a lovely figure. As for the dice holder on the base, that's also useful for heroes, leaders and big beasties in Dragon Rampant (and many other games I am sure).

As for leveraging points from a single figure, I am just waiting for someone to present a single 2mm figure from the 1970s, with a back story of where, when and what for it was purchased...

TamsinP

3 comments: