Friday 20 March 2020

From Barks: Grail Knights (62 points)

Good news, everyone: my COVID-19 swabs came back clear. I used my time in isolation to finish part of a project I started at the beginning of the Challenge: a Bretonnian Blood Bowl team. These are from Hungry Troll, and are a plasticky resin. They're more 35mm than 28mm, and have lovely details, particularly in the faces and heraldry. I really enjoyed doing my research!

Arthur, King of the Britons

Sir Lancelot the Brave

Sir Galahad the Pure

Sir Bedevere

Sir Robin The-Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

They have some enemies:

The Black Knight
I magnetised his arms. I did the legs as well but they snapped, so the legs are now fixed in place. Would be a fun way to represent wounds.

"'Tis but a scratch."

Ogre

Enchanter

These handy markers are white metal.



I didn't get to start the peasants and porter who go with them, unfortunately. But I did knock off two spaceships from PSC's Red Alert, which were missing or broken and were sent out to me by Lois from PSC.

Confederate destroyers

So,

7x 35mm 35
1x 40mm ogre 7
3x ~15mm markers 6
2x destroyers 8 (based on last year's precedent)



Okay, so a mixed entry with stuff in a scale that doesn't fit one of the SOD (TM)'s categories. Tell you what, as the grail knights are between 28mm and 40mm, I'm going to score 3 of them as 40mm. that bumps you up to 62 points.

TamsinP
*hic!*

20 comments:

  1. Well, well! Plastic resin can rot forever...BUT...these look AWESOME. Great stuff! I totally needed a laugh tonight. Well done, great brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Barks. Glad to hear you passed your swab test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting to be clear. So far...

      Delete
  3. Good news indeed! Take care Barks. Fantastic work on those Grail knights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear that the swab came back clear. Love the Black Knight with the Fonzie 'Ayyyyye!' pose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news on the results and great results on the Grail Knights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are fantastic figures Barks and brilliant paintjobs. Glad to hear the allclear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff Barks, at first I thought they were the Studio Miniatures figures but these are even better, love what you did with the Black Knight it's only a flesh wound remember?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super looking grail knights and great spaceships!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great work mate - very reminiscent of the movie characters' features.
    Love the magnetised Black Knight arms!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Paul! I’m disappointed I snapped the legs.

      Delete
  10. Those look wonderful and reminds one of the humor of the movie!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it again as research- so many brilliant scenes and lines!

      Delete