Friday 20 March 2020

From AlanD - Some Thracians in the Nick of Time (45 points)


Here's my last little submission for AHPC X - another 9 Thracians for Mortal Gods. I'm cheating a little - there is a bit of shading and highlighting still to go, but they will do for now.












Thank you Curt and you excellent Minions for supporting the challenge for another year, and may you all stay safe and well in the challenging times ahead.


____________________________________

More delightful Thracians! Again, I greatly admire your creative patterns for their cloaks, shields and jerkins. Really wonderful work Dux. 

Take care and we'll see you again this autumn.

-Curt



9 comments:

  1. And guess what was undercoated and ready to go on my paint bench before time ran out? Only nine Thracian peltasts! Those Foundry sculpts are still up there with the best for my money.

    I'm glad I didn't start on those now; the complex patterns on the textiles would have had me going crazy within an hour! You've done a great job on these Dux, well played!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thrakians will fall before my Persian! Mwahaha!
    Sorry, I don't know what came over me there. Well done my friend. Your pattern skills are legendary. Now, I wonder if I can get decals to do that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can they fall before Persians when I will have already crushed them under my mighty Greek phalanx? :-)

      Great work Alan- stunning patterns indeed!

      Delete
  3. You've really gone to town with those wonderful patterns,awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Thracian Alan, love the looks and the movement in these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking Thracians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete