Friday 20 March 2020

From HerrRobert (Robert H): Seeing Red! (45 Points)

Next on our journey, Piper's Peak! Or should we say, Piper's Pique?
This entry could also work for Roundwood's Tower, seeing as how it's also influencing an imaginary world, but honestly the pun was just too good to resist.

Tamsin would like you to paint anything that is (or could be): 
i) associated with mountains; or
ii) taking a look (a peek); or
iii) displaying anger ('a fit of pique')
(Or a cheeky airline stewardess - ed.)
And so I give you a sight that thrills Goblin generals everywhere, and inspires dread in all their foes in the Old and New Worlds . . . Night Goblin Fanatics!


These gobbos don't quite qualify as cheeky airline stewardesses, yet, but they're definitely seeing red! These are three Games Workshop plastic Night Goblin fanatics I picked up back for Challenge Ate, and have been sitting on ever since. 


While I do miss the nostalgic Old World of my late teens, my gaming group has been breathing new life into their fantasy miniatures with Warlords of Erewhon.


Rather than Night Goblins, I've decided mine will be Snow Goblins, fighting it out with the Dwarves of the Gray Mountains and occasionally raiding down into the plains of Bretonnia.


Painting was relatively easy, if slow. I relied very heavily on Games Workshop Contrast paints, especially Blood Angles Red for the cloaks, Orc Flesh for skin, and Snakebite Leather for the leather work. All went over base colors, not white, except the Blood Angels Red, which I used to blend together an otherwise three color highlight that just wasn't working. Red is fast joining yellow and white in my hated colors list.




These fellows had such fun faces and facial expressions, I had to get a little silly. So, instead of painting eyes and teeth, I did them in red. It reflects the effects of the hallucinogenic mushrooms they consume quite nicely, and literally leaves them seeing red.


So, three Snow Goblin fanatics for Piper's Pique!

_____________________________

Grey Mountain Snow Goblins? Noice!

I have to admit the red stained teeth kinda creeps me out, but I still love 'em. Those twirling wrecking balls are mental.

15 points it is. Next!

-Curt


5 comments:

  1. Fanatics! They are my favourite Gobbo's! For our school heroquest games we have a deck of fate cards that includes them: have you got any idea how much damage these little gits can do in a hallway closely packed with adventurers? Great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely goblin nutcases!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete