Friday 20 March 2020

From NoelW: The road is long: (270 points)

I'd hoped to have finished more today. My target of 5000 by the end of the Challenge is looking a tad difficult. I think I'll need around 700 points on the final day. I guess it's time to change my name to Miles.

But today I have 6 Republican Roman cavalry:




And a small Spanish unit to oppose them:




As is often the case, I don't know the manufacturer, but they seem like Wargames Foundry figures, judging by the style.

Also, two more military orders to join the Templars. 18 Hospitallers:




And 16 Teutons:




These are all Fireforge figures.

Scoring: 9 cavalry: 90 pts; 34 infantry, 170 pts: TOTAL: 260.


____________________________________

After a few months away I come in to minion a Noel post only to discover it's the ONLY one that doesn't have a novella attached to it. Harumph! Cheated.

5000 points as a target?! Jeez Louise, that is just eye wateringly incredible, Noel. And you told me at the close of last year's Challenge that you were going to take it easy this time out. You big phony. ;) 

This assortment of figures look great. While I'm typically a sucker for cavalry (and these are excellent), I have to say my eye was immediately drawn by the stark, clean heraldry of your Hospitallers and Teutonic knights. Two very impressive units of troops you have there. Well done, young man.

With this post you take the honour of pushing us past our group points target of 64,308 (with your personal total making up around a 14th of that by itself!). I look forward to seeing how close you can make it to 5K in our last day of the event. 

-Curt

4 comments:

  1. 5000 points?! I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work but you are insane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly mad Noel. Lovely work and onward to 5000 points! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid ancients and gorgeous crusaders!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete