Friday 20 March 2020

Someone said it was the last day to post... Millsy's Millpond! (330 points)

I've not posted a lot - real life has gotten in the way. That doesn't mean that I haven't been busy with the brush. So let's grab a few last points while I can.

First up, Millsy's Millpond! The Mountain giant below is from GW in 1982, FF 12-2. I took this old fellah and gave him the treatment with a little contrast paints. So 30 points +10 for age for the challenge and 10 points for the mini, as he's more than 54mm tall.



I've also been working on my force of Beja and Nile Arabs. I'm about halfway through them, there is cavalry as well but they were started before the Challenge so won't count. There's quite a few of these...





That's 50, with several conversions. The Nile Arab shields were made up from the smaller Zulu shields from Warlord. So that's 250 points plus any bonuses for conversions, but less 25% for being unbased. So 180.

I've also been painting up some miniatures for D&D. Here are a few of the recent character models I've painted.


The fire daemon was started before the challenge, so doesn't count. I just liked the model... So 10 points here.

I've also been doing some conversions, the next two were going to be for various challenges around the island, but real life got in the way. One conversion of a Victrix fanatic onto a Greek warrior and the other was a soldier from the Goblan Empire - a converted Warlord Roman with Goblin bits. 10 points for these?


Finally, I've been trying out paint schemes for various World War 2 Germans. Here are some of my latest efforts. Three Afrika Korps and one late war German. So 20 points.


There was quite a few more which remain just not finished in time. This includes a whoooole pile of Black Seas ships. Done but no rigging. So nil points! :-(



Done with Contrast paints.



And there were some Russian assault engineers, but they needed their camo pattern finished. Ah well! I make that 270 points to add to my total. Phew!




Well, that's a heck of a post to close out your Challenge with Guy! lovely work all round! As for the scoring, I think I'm going to count your unbased Beja at full points to cover the conversions nd the almost-but-not-quite-finished ships. That's 330 points - not quite your target, but close enough or Government work!

TamsinP

9 comments:

  1. Wow that’s a fine bunch of stuff Guy! Love the giant and the beja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a miscellany of lovely stuff. I do especially like the Beja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variety! I like the giant and the DAK trials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excellent to see some of those old miniatures getting some love. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's not to like in this entry, so much miniature goodness! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the giant and a great mixed bag of miniatures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems to be cold in Attica ;-)
    Very nice painting all round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Goblinised Roman in particular!

    ReplyDelete