Friday 20 March 2020

From PaulSS - Jyn Erso and Stuff! (30 Points)


I'm hoping to get the last post in before shut down.

Today I've been working on a Jyn Erso to lead my Rebel forces for our Star Wars: Legion games. I picked her up at the local hobby store that still seems to be doing quite well in the circumstances and are offering both kerbside pickup and home delivery in the area.


She's quite drab, and I used a bunch of WWII colours to achieve this including Russian Uniform, Luftwaffe Uniform, Field Grey and Brown Violet but I think it's a close palette for her look.

I'm not that happy with how I painted her face so may go back and re-do that later.


I've also been churning through those priority supplies with yet another Vaporator. This completes the set of four that come in the box.


Also included with the priority supplies set is five packing crates that I finished off this morning. It's not that obvious in the photo but the light coloured ones have quite a lot of Aurebesh text on them for that Star Wars feel.


I've been looking to make some terrain for our games and I rushed this test piece out. The dome is florists "Oasis" covered in Polyfiller with a doorway made out of foam-core. The whole lot was sealed with PVA glue then primed and a quick paint job done.


Victoria and I plan to work on a lot more terrain for our games but it is a start.


So, I reckon with 7pts for Jyn, 8pts for the Vaporator and crates and 15 points for the dwelling should add 30 points to my total and see me through the 1700 points barrier.

I've had a fab time with Challenge X and am looking forwards to catching up on anything I missed over the last few weeks.

***

Congratulations on breaching the "1700 points barrier" Paul, we have all been enjoying your work, it's been tremendous.  And it's great to see Jyn Erso, a great character from the only new Star Wars film to no turn out to be complete and utter garbage under the dreadful reign of Disney (wholly subjective, YMMV).  But still, Disney can rot.

Jyn looks fabulous, and so does the terrain. Well done!

GregB

15 comments:

  1. Great to see the main character from the only truly good SW film since ESB.

    Lovely work as ever Paul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Paul. I’ve really enjoyed your work this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Curt thank you. I agree Rogue One is maybe the best film in the franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mind Rogue One- nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, Rogue One (and Solo too in my humble opinion) are not bad at all, apart from that there's only the OT. There are some awesome things in your post and it's all really well executed, most impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander, I also concur on Solo, thought it was a great film that added to the story.

      Delete
  6. More lovely star wars stuff!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Paul! Hope to see some AAR‘s on your blog at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Victoria and I plan another game tomorrow.

      Delete
  8. Great work on Jyn and these terrain bits, Paul. Funny, as soon as I saw they had characters from R1 I became much more tempted to do Legion (ESB, R1 and Solo are my favourite SW triumvirate).

    ReplyDelete