Friday 20 March 2020

Iain W 28mm Dux Bellorum, a pile of Picts! (220 Points)

The aim for this challenge was to produce at least the core of a number of armies for Dux Bellorum (other dark age rule sets are available!) I  have largely succeeded with playable Irish and Saxon forces. Now it's the turn of the Picts in the shape of four units of ordinary warriors.  These are mostly from Black tree design, although they don't seem to be doing them anymore which is a pity as I really like the sculpting style plus a half dozen unknown from Ebay.



















This gives me the core of a  Pictish force and post challenge are the Late Romans and the Romano British, rather more cavalry!

So that's 40 x 5 x 28mm infantry for 200 points, I've painted the shields but there were some 3d to work with so no need for points for that.

Well that's me done, its been great fun!

All the best

Iain


_________________________________

This is a great looking mob of Picts, Iain! You've been really killing it with your Dux Bellorum  project this year - my hat's off to you for your dedication. I really like the variation in the poses here (pity you can't find more Black Tree Design - as you say, their stuff can be quite nice) and you've done a wonderful job on their assorted shields (3D 'help' or not). 

With a few extra points in for the shields we'll peg this at 220 points. Well done and thanks so much for joining in for the 10th edition of the Challenge. I really appreciate the supportive comments you left for ALL the entries this season - the encouragement and support is what the event is all about. I hope to see you with us next time the Challenge rolls out.

-Curt


6 comments:

  1. Lovely work Ian you and I being almost neck and neck with you blowing past me at the end with some point bomb is getting to be a tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam! I know we've been there or there abouts for a couple challenges, I'm jealous of your ships!
      Best Iain

      Delete